Wednesday, February 13, 2008

In which I am a dumbass

I have resolved to post at least once a week, and maybe will even make it to daily. We shall see! It's all about not waiting for something funny and/or major to happen. And on that note...

This morning I was a moron. I woke up and my eye felt a little funny. On examination in the mirror in the bathroom, I was getting a little bit of a zit on the lower eyelid. No one likes this, as it's both unattractive and painful, so I thought, 'oh, I know, I'll wash it right away and maybe that will help it be smaller/go away'. So I wet my face, got a little tiny dab of soap on my finger, leaned in to make sure I put the fingertip in the right place for maximum washing and... stuck my soap-covered finger directly into my eye. The pain and the burning and the 'oh, oh, oh crap, owwwww!' was made all the worse by the fact that it wasn't a normal soap-runs-into-eye-in-washing event-- I stuck a finger covered in soap into my own damn eye because I am just that dumb. I washed it out as fast as possible to mitigate the effect, but now not only do I have a little zit on the bottom of my eye, but also a big old case of red-eye ouchie. It's going to be a glorious day!

No comments: