Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rock Band

The folks I'm staying with have all the ModCons, which includes a full set of instruments for rock band. So I've been playing it with them, as it's more fun with more people. It's kind of crazy, because you're not really playing an instrument but you really feel a sense of accomplishment when it says you did well! It is a truly impressive game design, letting people with no musical skill or experience feel what it's like to make music. And I think a lot of folks decide to go from the game to learning a real instrument because it's a lot of fun. It is interesting though, how while theoretically it's a group game, in actuality you're sort of playing just for yourself. You get an individual score at the end instead of a band score, so you're competing against the computer and yourself instead of competing with your 'band-mates'. But still a lot of fun, especially since it satisfies my long buried Karaoke needs. Well, my long buried live performance needs which I have been sublimating into Karaoke!

No comments: